Monday, August 2, 2010

MUSIC!

For starters, I know I got way off track with the blog. Sorry! I got super busy, but I'm having a lot more time on my hands lately so maybe I can get back to posting once a week or so. Now, the blog is, of course, focused on movies, but the 80s in general were fabulous. I wanted to take a bit to talk about something else from the 80s - music!

If you read this blog, you probably know of a certain band called Heart. Huge icons in the 70s and 80s. My boyfriend Dean just finished recording an album at London Bridge Studio in Seattle, the city in which Heart originated. The studio hooked him up with Ben Smith, the current drummer from Heart, and he recorded with Dean on his album. As a favor, Ben told Dean he could get him tickets whenever they were in the area.

So on September 24th, Heart just happens to be playing about 20 minutes away from my house, and Ben is setting up tickets for Dean, my mom, my dad, and me. I can't wait! I promise to post all sorts of details after the concert. Until then, check back within a week for my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment